Sooooo...Day 6!

Daily updates...well...they have become difficult. lol

Today is such a glorious day! As was yesterday. At this point, I'm more than ready to pack up my sweaters and boots for the year, but as I live in Oklahoma...it could be snowing tomorrow, so I'll probably have to wait a bit. This gorgeous weather makes me want to be back in Claremore (where I heard it's not so gorgeous) working on my garden. Alas, I have a midterm in Ancient Rome Monday so I will sit here and and study :).

Diet-wise, I've done really well the past few days. My energy source kind of shifted and all of a sudden, a handful of carrots was all I needed for a meal! Once I hit that point, it was like someone flipped a switch and now I feel amazing. My sleep is deeper and when I wake up, it's not only earlier than normal, but I'm ready to get up, rather than stay in bed for hours. That development is huge! I've never been a morning person, and now I'm having less trouble getting up and getting on with the day. So thank Jesus for that! :) My skin is improving steadily...I have still some acne in localized areas, but it's definitely improving! And I can tell that the CONDITION is actually getting better as well. I started using Dr. Bronner's Tea Tree Soap, which I got at Whole Foods for about 2.97. It truly feels clean everytime I wash it! In addition, I use apple cider vinegar as a natural astringent, as well as drinking a few teaspoons diluted in water as a daily tonic (tastes bad but has major health benefits!).

My weight is dropping off.....but I am exercising so it's not all the food. Yesterday, Katie and I ran Boomer Lake which is about 5.5 miles, and this morning I went to spin class and burned 1,028 calories! My legs still feel like jello but I feel amazing regardless. During the week, I got about an hour of brisk walking in with going to class so that helped too. I'm also using weights and daily yoga to tone up a little bit. I must say that in combination with the detox, the yoga has become my favorite part of the day. It's a great way to clear out my mind before class and before bed, as I am one to lie in bed and think for hours.

Today, I'm amazing myself. I drank some juice for breakfast (Berry smoothie :) ) and went to go work out. When I got back, I was hungry, but I didn't crave my normal fare - I wanted fruit and granola. So I cut up an organic orange and had some more fabulous Bear Naked granola which I am addicted to, as well as a cup of Peach Detox tea from Yogi Teas (amazing!) with natural buckwheat honey for sweetness. And I'm full! Which considering how much food I usually eat - is a miracle!

Anyway, I feel great and I actually have the energy to do my homework and the drive to get it all done. I feel much healthier already and it's only day 6 of 21. I can't wait to see how great I feel (and look ;) ) when it's all sad and done.

That being said...my neighbor is currently grilling ribs...a smell which is consuming my entire apartment. As I am a carnivore, I have decided that once I'm comfortable with regular food again after the detox, I am making steak (range-fed beef from my Grandpa's farm) and pineapple fajitas (homemade whole-wheat ones!), and anyone who wants some is welcome to come enjoy. :)

I don't know if anybody's actually reading this...but I hope so! Just for the sake of hearing about how great your body can feel during and after this process. I seriously recommend it to everyone. I'm very excited to say that my mom started about two days ago, and other than a slight headache..is doing great!

Now...back to Ancient Rome.

Ta ta for now
Bethany

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - Raisins, Running, and Renewal - is proudly powered by Blogger
Blogger Template