So yesterday, due to a new detox step, I crashed pretty early so I didn't post...so here we go.
The whole day was pretty tough. I just felt a little worn out and was craving some really good homemade mac 'n cheese :). Which is obviously off limits for a while.
I didn't have a strict diet today. I drank a lot of juice and ate my body weight in raisins and granola. :) I really didn't feel good though, so I decided to do some additional research and found what's known as a ginger bath.
Ginger causes the body to sweat excessively, thus detoxing in a major way through the body's largest organ - the skin. So I went and bought a piece of fresh ginger root and grated about half a cup. I ran the bath water as hot as I could stand it and let the ginger sit for a few minutes before getting in. Within about 5 minutes I started to sweat a lot! Mostly from my face and my scalp. As suggested, I rubbed my stomach, my face, and other main parts of my skin in a clockwise way until they became red. The research I did said to not sit for more than 30 minutes, so I only tried 20 this time around. When I got out, I actually just about passed out...it caused major dizziness for me, but it passed as I drank some cold water. After the bath, you're just supposed to wrap up in a towel, forego your normal nightly skincare stuff, and go straight to bed covered up with some warm blankets. I continued to sweat for about an hour I'm guessing, but I went immediately to sleep when my head hit the pillow.
Best sleep I have had in ages!!! I woke up today and felt completely energized and refreshed. I went downstairs and looked in the mirror..and half my acne was healed! Not to mention the fact that I've been glowing all day.
I recommend a ginger bath for everybody!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment