Day 1...slight alterations

So day 1 is nearly over...woohoo!!

I didn't quite make it to my workout this morning. I'm thinking that may have to be an add-on as I have time and energy during this first week (4 tests next week!). I did get about 40 minutes worth of brisk walking to and from class, and I will be doing my nightly yoga before I go to bed here in a bit, so I guess that's something!

Food-wise, I was really good. I had half of a Naked Energy juice for breakfast (blueberries, blackberries, and boysenberry purees) and a steamed potato and corn mash with curry and dill for lunch. Dinner wasn't anything official, just some raisins while I was working. I think I eat about 5 oz of raisins throughout the day actually. I also drank some of my Bolthouse Farms Berry smoothie...which is like ambrosia :D. I love the stuff: http://www.bolthouse.com/

So symptom-wise, the only thing I noticed today was already an issue. Due to using some lavender oil for the last two weeks, the detox started on my skin a while back. Right now, it looks like I have bright red splatters all over my face, along with the tiny little acne spots everywhere. It's incredibly frustrating...but I know it's a good sign and I'm hoping it means that my acne will heal up after this diet is over! At least that's the prayer.

Spiritually, I just had my regular quiet time before class and will keep reading the book I'm working on ..."The Search for Significance" - really good!

I'm changing up the plan a bit, and allowing a little more leeway. I'll still be doing the juice fast but I can't stick to the exact days, as I have two midterms during those days lol.

I'm going to take a ginger bath tonight, which is a proven detox method as it makes you sweat for several hours. I'll let you know how it goes!

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - Raisins, Running, and Renewal - is proudly powered by Blogger
Blogger Template