So tomorrow I begin my 22 day detox diet. My mom will follow on the same diet next Monday.
I actually was spurred on by my sister's increasingly healthy habits...although, I chose to go a different route. She will be starting the Master Cleanse tomorrow as well. I was slightly scared to try that one, as I'm a full time student with a part time job. I'm scatterbrained as it is :).
Instead, I will be using fruits and vegetables and their juices, as well as some vitamin and mineral supplements and organic herbal teas to flush out my system. The combination serves to detoxify my skin, lymph system, lungs, colon, liver, kidneys, and bladder.
This diet works in 5 phases:
- Day 1 -2: Eating only fruits and vegetables, can be steamed and seasoned with lemon juice, olive oil, and organic herbs and spices.
- Day 3-9: Eating fruits and vegetables as before, only in raw form. Organic, unsalted nuts and granola can be supplemented if needed for energy.
- Day 10-12: Juice fast! Drink as much fresh/organic juice as desired, as well as water.
- Day 13-17: Back to the raw diet as in days 3-9.
- Day 18-22: Back to steamed and seasoned fruits and vegetables, prepping the body for normal food again.
Goals:
As with any diet or major life change, there have to be some goals laid out here. I'm sure this list will grow as I progress.
- Lose 10 pounds and tone up (I will also we working out every day for approximately an hour. When I got to the gym in the morning, I will record my starting weight and post it on here, as well as a picture so we can see the progress!)
- Cut back on sweets, salty foods, fatty meats, and processed foods (pretty much already there but I'm hoping my cravings will subside!)
- Develop more of a taste for a healthy diet focusing on fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean meats.
- Boost my energy, mental clarity, and immune system.
- Be rid of my cystic acne forever!
- Become disciplined when it comes to working out daily.
- Most importantly: delve into a deeper relationship with Christ as I focus on improving his temple.
I will be updating this blog daily, writing what I've eaten and done and thought and all that jazz. While this is definitely more of a way for me to hold myself accountable...I hope you at least enjoy the trials of a woman deprived of chocolate for 22 days :).
Pictures, beginning stats and all that to come tomorrow. For now, off to sleep so I can get up for my 6 am workout!
God bless,
Bethany
0 comments:
Post a Comment